Happy Halloween! Here it has been pretty interesting. My friend, Mo, really likes Halloween so she has been having Halloween parties in her classes. I have been having Midterms with my speaking students. I have really enjoyed getting to spend personal one-on-one time with them and wish that I could do it more, but it takes WAY too much time. Hopefully some good relationships will be born out of this time with the students and opportunities to share more will come in the future.
I was finally convinced to return to the Saturday English Corner in the city after the “mugging” back in September. I am starting to think that maybe I should not be a part of this English Corner. I went there with Mo and her husband who has been visiting for a while. They dressed up for the holiday, but I decided to go without. (My fairy wings are packed away in my storage unit.) We got there a little late, and Mo took the children off to their own area to play games with them. I sat in a dark corner and talked to a few people, who mainly wanted to know why I wasn’t wearing a costume.
Then, the strange events started to happen. I saw Cammy and John leave suddenly in the “middle” of E.C. and then Cammy came back later. Then, Margret came to get me because the kids had something they wanted to “show” me. This pretty much involved me walking into the darkest part of the park while they jumped out to try to scare me. I think it was their attempt at a haunted house. After getting through the maze and taking a myriad of pictures, I came out to find Mo and her husband to leave. I looked around and someone told me that they had just left. I called them quickly to see if they had already gotten a cab, and they were half way back to school. After a bit of confusion, I managed to find someone to walk back to the bus stop with so that I could get home. I am really starting to wonder if someone does not want me at this ill-fated E.C.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment